https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Thursday 12 August 2010

Colour create and Paperplay DT cards,

Hi Peeps, Over at colour create this week we have A lovely choice of colours for you, they are Ivory, Duck Egg blue and one other colour from the picture, optional extra is shabby chic and a bow, our lovely Julie has set this fantastic challenge and here is the picture for inspiration,
Challenges: Creative Inspirations~ Recycle elements~ my paper flower is made from an old Dictionary,   Simon says stamp~ Summertime blues,   Flutter by Wednesday~ Open,   Crafty creations~ Winged things,  Alota rubber stamps ~ Distress,   Charisma cardz~ Easel card
I chose a hint of brown for my other colour, we are being sponsored this time by Michelle's Scrapbooking,
I've made an easel card, using paper from the Mariposa stack made by DCWV, there is some gorgeous papers in her I can tell you, I die cut a heart out of colour core cardstock and distressed the edges with frayed burlap distress ink, the gorgeous butterfly is a Funstahps stamp? didn't know that till I just looked and it's like who are they lol, it's one I've had in my stash for years, anyway it's stamped on white vellum in using  a  colour box pigment ink pad in Robins egg, near enough to duck egg me thinks,lol, and added loads of Glamour dust,
I layered a piece of Aida fabric behind the heart, glittered some of the images on the dp, made a flower using three sizes  of my scalloped nestie shapes, added a tulle bow, some butterflies and a spellbinders fancy tag, three gems and a peel off sentiment, I've used more peeloffs in the last few days than in the last three years lol,

My next card is for Paperplay and the theme is called Bon Voyage, it can be vacation, Moving etc, and we are sponsored this week by the fantastic Simon Says Stamp,
Challenges, ABC Challenge, A is for August,   Penny's papercrafty challenge~ Anything Goes,
As you can see I used a Magnolia Tilda image for this card kindly sent to me as a RAK, she fit in perfect for this card with her little suitcase like she's all packed for her hols, wish I was going too lol,
I used a Magnolia Ticket and a Tim Holtz Filmstrip Frames Alterations Die with beige vellum behind to hopefully look like the negatives for photos, no digital photography taking for this girl he he,
She's coloured in copics, mounted on an oval and oval scalloped Nestie, papers are Tim Holtz too, my photo's not so good this time may be I need to charge up my camera,
I've used lots of Glamour dust again and distressed the edges of my papers, it's getting a habit this distressing lark lol,
I hope to see you in soon, look forward to your creations, Have fun, hugs Liz xx

25 comments:

Miria said...

Liz, I'm wordless. You've done a wonderful work with these two cards! Everything is perfect, from the sketch to all details! Hugs. Miria

Mandy said...

Wow hunny, look at you knocking out the stunning cards, your PP DT card is sooooo sweet, who's been a baddy girl spending again lol. Loving the shabby chic card too, if I ever find time I'll come and play along with this one
love n hugs Mandy xx

Marie said...

...so cute!

Thank's for participating in Alot 'Distress' challenge!

Marie

Sharon said...

Hi Liz,

Wow each time I look at your card I notice another detail! You've done a fabulous job with the butterfly stamp - it's gorgeous. Love that DP and your beautiful flower.

Sharon x

Julie M said...

Two fab cards, Liz - I love the colours, duck egg blue is my favourite. Beautiful stamps too, love the collection on the first. Aren't we all funny on the PaperPlay DT, us and all our Tildas?!!! lol!!

Julie xx

Courtney said...

These cards are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Penny's. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
PPCC DT

Di said...

Oh Liz you are so clever love both acrds but your C.C card is stunning! its so different from yourn usual and i just love your butterfly!
Hugs Di xxx

Liz said...

Hi Liz Your work is the tops Love both these cards Nice to see your enjoying your crafting again

Liz B xx

craftyb said...

oh my what a gorgeous card...i LOVE all the textures you've combined and the colours are stunning! Love the bling and flower too of course! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! bx

PS Tilda is as cute as can be too! bx

Deirdre said...

Liz - stunning cards. Love them.

The vintage feel to the heart one is just WOWZER! Love them. Hugs

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Liz, your cards are awesome! Great beautiful detail works.

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

These are really nice! I like the elegance of the top one and the ticket on the lower one looks amazing!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Faye said...

What wonderful work. Gorgeous. Thanks for playing at Charisma. x

Cheryl said...

Both cards are lovely but the first one is stunning. I love the butterfly, the colors, and well, just everything. Great job.

Danni said...

Both of these are just so gorgeous! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

papertrails leaver said...

Absolutely stunning!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous cards, Liz
Your designs and details are fabulous!

Karen x

stampingandstitching said...

Wow these are two wonderful cards Liz! Love them!

Unknown said...

Both these cards are just gorgeous...such a peaceful colour combination.
Alicia xx

Helene said...

Nice card
Thank you for participating in the Alot Rubber Stamps Distress challenge.

Dena said...

Liz, your cards are so gorgeous! I really love the one for Colour Create and those papers are very, very pretty. Perfect for Shabby Chic! Love your Tilda too and how you used the ticket....Perfect!!!
Hugs, Dena

Julie said...

Wow, Liz what fabulous cards!!! Your CC one is just so elegant but I love them both!!!Juliexx

Jenni said...

Two gorgeous cards, really love the first one with its soft colours and recycled elements. Thanks so much for joining in with the Creative Inspirations challenge.
Jenni x

jaine drake said...

This is gorgeous and so sweet too. Thanks for entering the creative inspirations challenge this week.

Kimberly S said...

Wow, both cards are fabulous! The first card, with the beautiful butterfly, is simply stunning! The second is so sweet with Tilda! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's FBW Challenge! :)