https://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com/http://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-canvases-and-altered-art.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/my-tutorials.htmlhttp://lizscreativecorner.blogspot.com.au/p/challenges_24.html

Pages

My Lovely Friends,

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Winter Wonderland Lantern

Hi guys, It's freezing here this morning, I'm just back from taking Tegan to school so I'm defrosting!!! lol,😄
I think I told you I recently got my latest Crafteezee collection In The Forest Winter Wonderland kit, so many gorgeous fabulous products again in the collection,  so using some of them I have made this Lantern,
I used a template off my Cameo Silhouette to make the lantern base then decorated the top and base with some of the Studio Light Forest papers from the kit, and some vellum from my stash,
 with some  Sissix die cut trees to the sides on top of the vellum, On the base I added a Magnolia Doo Hickey lovely fence die, onto which I added some script stamping from a Stempelglede stamp,then on the the front section one of the cinnamon sticks, a shabby sprig and a flower, from the kit,
This Tilda is one of my all time favorites and she is coloured with my distress re-inkers, then fussy cut out, adhered only to the base so the main part of the Lantern can be removed,
 On the top I added a snowflake trim die, leaf dies,and yet more goodies from the Crafteeze collection, another shabby sprig, a larch cone, some more of the flowers, and used a little of the ribbon which was tied around the collection as a handle,
The sides are decorated similar using some beaded stamens from my stash,
On the top edges of the main part I added the fabulous Enamel dots which again were in the kit,
Seeing as it's a Lantern I added a battery tea light so it lights up when it gets dark,
This is one of the side views,
Challenges
Magnolia-licious - need a little Christmas
Noor Design Uk - Winter
Midweek magnolias- anything goes with a magnolia image
All about Magnolia - All about the Holy Night
Lovely Hanglar or sweet Magnolia - Magnolia snow or glitter 
Happy Crafting!!

17 comments:

Vicky said...

Oh sweetie this is absolutely magical & fantastic & lip smacking, thigh slapping gorgeous!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Yep although you are making me want to spend money because now I want those darn tree dies ggggrrr lol..... some sweet talking to my lover calls today I think ;-) pmsl....he's gonna be so chuffed I called him that lol.
I really need to use my silhouette more........if only I didnt have lots og crap in front of it :-( Ok now I'm babbling.....see what your fantastic creations make me do girl ;-)
Hope you had a fabby weekend shug & hope you have defrosted now from the school run, take care sweet friend.

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Janette said...

Hi Liz, Thought I'd pay a visit while I can, as always a stunning creation, beautifully done and Tilda looks ready for anything....
It's certainly is a cold one, the frost is so thick today, but it does look so beautiful doesn't it...xx

Plony said...

This is so gorgeous......wow wow wowwwwwwww..........I love what you did with the sweet collection.....This must be a lovely item in your house when it's christmas.I would love to look through your window...lol....
xxx Plony

Gina's Cards said...

This is truly beautiful Liz, I love the sprigs, I have them sat in front of me and can't wait to sue them. The design and embellishments are just gorgeous.
Hugs
Gina xx

Emma said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, thank you for joining us at Midweek Magnolias for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge, hope to see you again. Emma DT x

Plony said...

I am back Liz....I forgot to thank you for joining us at LHOSM and Noor Design UK. We love to see your gorgeous creations so please...come back soon.
xxx Plony

Pamellia said...

So beautiful Liz. I am always so impressed with your colouring, perfect work with those markers! Just when I thought I couldn't love this project any more, you turned on the lights. WHAT!! How incredible is that! you are brilliant my friend!! Sorry I've been so scarce lately, November has been a bit challenging, but I'm slowly catching up now. sending hugs :)

Inkypinkydelights said...

Oh WOW Liz! This is stunning! Judy x

Stempelhexe said...

Such a beautiful project! Love the design and gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at LHOSM, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Ulla

Beth Brovold said...

This is an OMG moment Liz!!! WOW oh WOW this is GORGEOUS...everything Vicky said...lol!!!! I have a Silhouette too...only it hasn't even been downloaded onto my computer...LOL!!!! Absolutely stunning my friend!!!!!
Take care,
Beth

Beth Brovold said...

Oh it's me again...back to say thanks SO MUCH for sharing this beauty with us at Midweek Magnolias!!! Good luck!
Take care,
Beth

Beth Brovold said...

Well hello again Liz!! Yup...I just couldn't resist another peek!! Stopping by AGAIN to say thanks so much for sharing with us at Lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolia...good luck to you and hope that you will share another gorgeous project with us in our next challenge!
Take care,
Beth

Elise said...

oh my gosh Liz .. this is absolutely AMAZING! I love what you've done with this .. wowwww! And your colouring of Tilda is so soft and delicate .. she's just GORGEOUS with your hands!

Hope you're doing well!

Big hugs,
Elise

Louise said...

Beautiful creation, I love your lantern, you have picked the perfect image and embellishment. Thanks for joining us at All About Magnolia with you creation.

XxJULESxX said...

Wow Liz this is stunning and how cute is Tilda?!! you coloured her so perfectly to!

Kirsty said...

Oh wow what an awesome idea and just love her thank you for joining us in the Midweek Magnolias Challenge :)

Karen said...

So very beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia-licious!